Maple Floating Shelf
Floating shelf with hidden Sheppard Bracket
Our Maple Floating Shelves are 100% pure maple hardwood. These handcrafted shelves are solid wood from top to bottom and end to end, giving them a robust and sturdy feel. Each shelf is finished with a VOC-free Tung Oil finish, making them safe for use inside your home.
Each shelf sits flush against the wall, made possible by including space for a hidden bracket explicitly designed for this purpose. This sturdy metal bracket can accommodate any placement on your wall due to the screw holes placed every 1/2 inch, allowing you to hit multiple studs regardless of their spacing. Each stud used provides 55 lbs of weight capacity.
Most of our Maple hardwood comes from right here in Vermont, minimizing the fossil fuels consumed to transport wood from out-of-state. Combined with the sturdy metal bracket and VOC-free Tung Oil, our skillfully crafted shelves are environmentally friendly and 100% Made in the USA.
Depth: 12 inches (30.5 cms)
Length: 12 inches to 96 inches
We can make shelves in custom sizes if our standard sizes don't work for your situation. Please call or email us for price and delivery estimates.
- #10 1 1/2-inch deck screws - 2 per stud
- Screwdriver or drill with Torx #25 driver
- Stud finder (optional)
- Locate and mark the center of your studs at the desired height of your shelf.
- Using one of these marks for reference, drive a deck screw into your wall until only 1/4” remains.
- Hold the bracket against the wall and move it left or right until you have it in your desired location.
- Locate the closest opening on the top of the bracket and slide this under the screw.
- Place a level on the top of your bracket and adjust until level.
- Then sink the rest of your screws into the studs to securely mount your bracket to the wall.
- Slide your shelf over the bracket and push until it sits flush with the wall.
Please watch this short installation video provided by the manufacturer before installing your floating shelf.