Sturdy, strong, and resilient, our Cherry Butcherblock is hand crafted to exacting specifications. Each strip of wood runs the full length of the countertop, and is hand selected to ensure complementary grain patterns with minimal blemishes.
Current lead times (Summer/Fall 2021) for hand making these items is 12 weeks. Please allow an additional 1 - 2 weeks for delivery.
Prior to installation, your Butcherblock Countertop will need to be finish sanded with an orbital sander, as well as have your desired finish applied.
|Sanding||Wide-belt sanded to 120 grit|
Grain TypeEdge grain
- The narrower side of a length of wood that is cut so one side is wider than the other
- The surface shows more of a straight line grain pattern
- When single strips of wood are used, the grain runs the entire length of the Butcherblock, providing a consistent pattern
- Looks more like a "traditional" butcher block, with 1.5" wide strips of wood
- Also referred to as "Plank".
- This is the wider side of a length of wood that is cut so one side is wider than the other
- The surface has a wide grain pattern and shows naturally occurring swirls and/or ovals in the wood
- Looks more like a tabletop, with 4" - 6" wide wood planks
Unfinished wood will check, crack, and/or "cup" due to moisture moving in and out of the wood. This occurs during changes in seasons as well as changes in humidity levels. To avoid these issues use a high quality, long lasting and durable penetrating oil finish. Click on the appropriate link below for instructions on finishing your Butcherblock Countertop with one of these recommended lines of finishes from Sutherland Welles Ltd.®.
We do not recommend using mineral oil
Apply the same amount of finish to all surfaces, sides, and ends of your Butcherblock Countertop